5 Stories Over Beer – a weekly article that presents 5 recent, thought-provoking stories about beer and the brewing industry. Sit down, grab a beer, and take a few minutes to read 5 thirst-quenching stories. Cheers!
Beer in 2016 and 2017 – 5 Stories Over Beer
FirkinBeer.com took a short holiday break but is back. Happy Brew Year to all! This week’s 5 Stories Over Beer begins with beer in 2016 and 2017 – that is, a look back at 2016 and resolutions for 2017. In addition, there are more stories to discover that I hope you’ll enjoy. By the way, what is you New Year Beer Resolution? Tell me in the comments section.
1. 2016 was the year of …: Draft Magazine asked several beer business insiders to finish the sentence, “2016 was the year of…”. Click here to find out what they thought.
2. 10 New Year’s Resolutions Your Beer Life Could Use: Looking to improve the quality of your beer life? Click here for 10 resolutions that will deliver if kept.
3. From farm to glass – how hops are priced: The hops market is booming. Hops are different than say wheat or sugar because there isn’t a public exchange where growers, brewers and middlemen called merchants can go to get set pricing information. Click here to learn more about how hops are priced.
4. Meet Des Moines’ Newest Brewery Owner – Meghan McKay: Meghan McKay was in the family insurance business. Now she is an Iowa rarity: a woman who solely owns a microbrewery. Click here to read the full story.
5. From Techie to Brewer: was an Amazon engineer who quit to become a brewer and now sells beer to Ireland’s tech scene. Read about this amazing woman by clicking here.